Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ready Aim Fire

Yeah this is eaxtly what the experience was like. The experience of holding a real stainless steel gun in my hands. The Smith & Wesson’s 9mm M&P Semi-Auto Pistol.

I had been wanting to go to a local gun range (with the same name as this post) and fire a couple of rounds of real bullets. After being lazy for almost the entire summer I finally got to it. Today Pratik and I we both drove down to the gun range on Ellwood road.

Being a first timer we listened carefully to all the instructions the owner gave us. He showed us how to load the bullets into the magazine, how to insert the magazine into the pistol and how to lock it secure. Next came the correct posture to stand in, how to hold the gun, aim it and shoot!

We were given two guns and two different shooting lanes, and ofcourse 50rounds of ammo. Before we entered the range we had to put on a pair of standard industry earmuffs. The entrance to the range was double doored to prevent the noise from getting out. The moment we opened the second door I could hear the sound of bullets firing, and no sir it didnt sound like crackers at all. The sound is so loud and so real that you cant mistake it for anything else.

Once we got to our lanes we put up our target charts on the pulley and placed it at about 7yards, that what the owner had told us to start with. Loading bullets into the magazine was the difficult part, it looked easy when the owner showed it to us, but I really had a tough time loading them in, especially the 9th and the 10th bullet.

Firing the first couple of rounds was really fun and it was more or less hitting the target where I wanted to. So with my confidence up a notch I pushed the target at 15 yards. Now as I started shooting I wasnt even sure if I was hitting the target at all. It wasnt as easy as it all seemed.
Finally after 50 rounds I looked at the target board and it seemed that atleast 28 of my bullets found their way onto the target. Not bad afterall.

Drive to the range 5 dollars, Gun rental 20 dollars, 50 rounds of ammo 25 dollars, hitting 28 bullets at the target priceless.....
Posted by Picasa