Saturday, October 13, 2007

Projekt Revolution

Oh...so you think its either a typo or I need to really use a dictionary.....nah..
Projekt Rev is a tour that was started by LP (Linkin Park) to promote the new age music, the fusion of rock, techno, hip-hop, etc. And this time I had the opportunity to watch it live at the Camden Waterfront in August. Yeah I know, I need to do some catch up on bloggin. But the thing is that when I get a new subject/inspiration/experience to blog about I dont have my laptop around. Even if I would have I think I am too lazy to type it thru. Moreover, its difficult to type my ideas as fast as the come to me. So I am planning to go the podcast way, but then again there is a certain freedom that a reader gets in reading a blog that he doesn't in listening to a podcast. But anyways I am willing to give it a try, soon...

Coming back to the Proj Rev, I have been a big fan of LP for a long time now, I listen to their music when I am driving, running or working out. For that matter I listen to them whenever I feel like.

Now before I continue this post there is another thing that crossed my mind, I have noticed that I dont have enough patience to ever complete a post and most of the times end them abruptly, which you would know if you have read a couple of my posts. But I guess patience is a virtue that I never had; no regrets.

See this is exactly what I was talking about earlier, there are too many ideas crossing my mind and I just can keep it on one topic to complete the post, without running through some others.

Anywas the concert was on Aug 24 or was it 25th....hmm...doesnt matter; it was a saturday I remember that. We entered the auditorium at around 12:00 noon. It was a hot day and I for some reason had decided to wear a pair of jeans, which I regretted the whole day. It was a covered auditorium but not completely enclosed. The first thing I did is line up at the stalls and buy a Prj Rev T. The rest of the day I was sweating myself in the new T. The arena had a big parking lot which was converted into a side stage, where all the budding bands were playing. I am not going to list all the bands out there, because I dont remember them and I dont think you would want to read through the entire list of 13 bands. All I was wondering is that when was LP going to play, which happend to be at 10:30 in the night. Cool so we were in the arena and could not get out because the tickets were single entry.

We could have listened to all the bands playing on the Rev stage, but then it isnt fun to listen to bands that you have no clue about. Especially when you are standing in the harsh sun. So we spent most of our time sitting in the airconditioned snack area, sipping beer and eating junk food.

I also happened to meet this guy from Wilmington, DE who was excited to see us "desis" in that concert. He was originally from Ahemdabad, India. And abused big time in gujurati, showing us his excitement.

After 4:30 the auditorium was finally open for us to take our seats and enjoy the better known bands. Julien-K, Placebo, and My Chemical Romance really rocked the stage with their music. After the show that MCR put up I was wondering if LP would be able to out do them. But then again they would have to, it was their tour.

When LP finally showed up on the stage they rocked the crowd and put a show that was second to none. The entire arena was jumping and shouting along with the band. At one point Mike Shinoda asked everyone to hold up their cell phones and then asked to take a look around. When I looked back it looked as if I was standing in the middle of the stars rather a galaxy. The lights on the stage were really blinding, but those cell phones up in the air were really soothing. I have been to Nickleback's concert earlier but that was like a college band when compared to LP.

If you ever get a chance to see LP perform live, I would say trade your soul if you have to but dont miss it.

So Long.