Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pet mein thandak aahhh......

I guess the picture to the left says a lot about this post. But then again the title doesnt match...but then maybe it does. Pet mein thandak ka matlab....soda. Yep just guzzled a masala soda, indian style. Ofcourse a goti-wali soda would have been a dream come true, but that will have to wait for now.

This is how it all started, yesterday night I wanted to eat some good indian food. So along with Arjun and Vishal, I drove to "Golden Harvest" a desi restaurant. But to our bad luck (vishal jo saath mein tha, bro if you are reading this am just kidding) the restaurant was not only closed but it was shutdown (read out of business). So the next option was to go to "Sita" but with our luck, when we reached there it was closed too. In fact this place is open only until 9:00pm. Now what kind of people are done eating their dinner by 9:00? So we ended up at UNO's and while munching on a pizza imagined it to taste like naan and paneer tikka masala.

But that was yesterday. To make up for the void of indian food in my stomach, today we ate our lunch at "Harini", which was pretty ok. Lekin kitna bhi kha lo kam pad hi jaata hai (the original dialogue is "Pyaar kitna bhi karo kum pad hi jaata hai"). So this is how it all began, I got into my car to drive back home and it was raining all along. Now we all know what this kind of an atmosphere does to people. Back in India I would have stopped by a chai ka thela and would have ordered a cutting along with some bhaji. That wouldn't be the case here, not in Morrisville atleast. So I figured lets go home make tea and some bhaji. Lekin akele khane mein kya maaza. So I called up Shailesh and told him to get vish and arjun along. Its after I hung up that it struck me, "kyon na batate wade banaye jaaye?"

With that noble thought in mind I pulled into the parking lot of Giants (a local supermarket) and bought some chillies and corriander. Got home and put in some potatoes to boil, chopped chillies, garlic, ginger, corriander etc., and started cooking. An hour later we had the wada's ready (shailesh fried them - I wouldnt want to take his credit). Vishal was making us tea, but then again with his luck ;) saala doodh hi fat gaya...lol. So here we were eating homemade wada pav in USA with fate hue doodh ki chai (which was good, due to the hot chillies we never actally felt the difference). And by the time I realised that I was on a diet (just kidding), I had already stuffed myself with 31/2 wada pav.

That was at around 9:00pm today. At the same time yesterday were searching for indian food with no luck. Isnt it funny? Atleast I think it is. By 11:00 I was still stuffed so we decided to go out and get some club soda. I guess what followed you can figure out yourself.
Posted by Picasa