Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Sunday - Pav bhaji


You can take a man out of Mumbai, but you cannot take Mumbai out of a man.
No ofcourse not, these arent my words. I read them in an article by Jerry Pinto. He use to write earlier in Bombay times. There are so many things that you just cant let go of. Mumbai is the best city to live in, trust me, coz i have never lived anywhere else in India ;)
But if you live in mumbai for a while you are sure to fall in love with it. This city breathes a lot of pollution (pun intended), but when the heavens break loose all the water in the world on this city, thats when you start believeing that this city never sleeps, or even doze off for a moment.

Ok but now thats not the reason why started with this post. As always wanted to show off some of my talents ;)
I had been talking about making pav bhaji since the day i arrived in USA. Ashu, vishal and ajay ke to kaan hi pak gaye the sun sun ke. So i thought that i better cook it or else they will kick me out of the house.
All we do here is a team effort but i guess my roomies wont mind if i take the credit for this one. It was the first time that i cooked pav bhaji all on my own, only cook, vishal washed the vishals. I really thought that we didnt need mirrors with vishal by our side. Ajay and ashutosh cut the vegetables.
I am not going to bore you with the receipe out here, for that you can call my mom, thats where i learned all my cooking from. Thanks mom!! Waise my dad is a good cook too, so i guess its in the genes.
I wish you could have been here to taste it but koi gal nahi, you can drool over the pics ;)