Monday, March 06, 2006

Pulao bole to..

I miss India a lot, or rather Bomday a lot. I miss the late night drives to Irla for pav bhaji, tawa pulao, bhurji and masala omlet. Koi gal nahi, its just a matter of time that I will once again be able to enjoy all of these. Jitu, prassu, shriku, situ, vinnu, tannu, gauri, jadu all of you and many more have accompanied me to this place. Bhailog I really miss all of you.
So you think I am getting all senti about missing you guys, yeh in a way thats true but the major reason is to display my talent as a cook. I tried my hand at cooking pulao, yeah i have done it before with not so bad results but this time it came out to be real good so I couldn't help it but post it on the net.
Recipe:
Fry two chopped onions, once the onions are little brown, add some chopped tomatoes to it. Then other chopped vegetables and fry them for a couple of minutes. Then add the Everest pulao masala, salt and then mix the rice to it and pour water and let the pressure cooker blow 3 whistles.

Note: Try out the recipe at your own risk ;)