Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the BOSE experience

Yep i am writing a post about one of the most famous names in the business of sound. I have proudly owned a bose triport headphone for more than 3years. Thanks Akta for gifting me the headphones (and sorry for making you gift it to me).

Trust me to know what a bose feels like you have to wear it over your head......nothing else comes close to the experience......but ofcourse you would have heard about it and thats not the reason that i am writing this post.

So the first reason that i am writing this post is beacuse i havent written one in a long time.....and i wanted that to change....

It was about a couple of months back that my bose headphones quit on me.....the ear cushions got spoiled.....now we all know that i was born lazy.....i know some people struggle thru life to be as lazy as me...but what can i say i was born with a silver spoon...
So i never bothered to get the cushions replaced......until last week when i really got fedup of not being able to use my bose pair.....and finally called up the customer centre to place an order for the replacement cushions. Now what happend next just caught me by surprise.

So i called in the customer centre and talked to Jason....which could have very well been Rampur Deva from some call centre in India, but i doubt that, because Bose doesnt need to employ that many customer reps....now does it.....not if they make the products that ppl say they make.

After i placed the order for ear cushions...i just asked jason as to why i couldnt pick up a pair of cushions from a Bose showroom...to which he proudly replied that "Sir they dont need replacement except for a few cases" and i guess i couldnt disagree. I had owned this pair for a long time without any trouble, i dont think many ppl would be able to keep the headphones in a good shape for this long. Then i just happened to mention that one of my head bands was loose....and if i could get a replacement for that too.....

To this the reply was "Sir you could just send us your pair, instead of charging you for the repairs we will just send you a new courtesy replacement" i was shocked.....it took me a minute to realize that i was not shocked but surprised. Here i had a pair of bose that were a bit messed up and needed repairs....and this gentleman was going to send me a new pair if i returned my existing pair...Now thats what i call service...mind it the headphones were no longer within the 1 year warranty period....

Jason told me that they just get a few cases each year and they would rather replace them instead of charging the customer for repairs. I generally say that with higher cost you wouldn't necessarily get a better service....but guess what...BOSE does deliver better quality....of sound and service....with the higher cost.

So if you ask me which headphones should you go for....you know my answer .....BOSE!